Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Life at a Glance

Where might I be in 10 years? What will happen in my future? Those are questions that I ask myself frequently. I have an idea of my future, but for the most part I am very uncertain of the path that is ahead of me. However, I have faith that I will be satisfied in the end.

First, I will tell you a little about my education background. I plan to finish my undergraduate degree next spring at Clemson and receive a B.S. in psychology with a minor in sociology. At this moment in time, I will either apply to a sport's psychology graduate program or to a physical therapy program. In either program, it will require me to have several more years of education. Therefore, I plan to continue my education for the next four to five years. I do not necessarily want to be studying for many more years, yet I know that continuing my education is a wonderful opportunity and will guide me to a successful career.

My future career goals are fairly basic. I hope to be satisfied, successful, and established. I am not sure where I will end up, but as I mentioned before, I will most likely focus my career with something to do with exercise and psychology. I am interested in athletics and working with people, therefore I know that this is the right field for me to pursue.

Personally, I know that in the next 10 years that I will have life changing experiences. As many typical young girls, I have dreamed of "the wedding." However, I am in no hast to actually get married. I would like to get married and have several children, but I plan for that to be down the road. I would ideally like a larger family since I have always enjoyed growing up in a big family. I guess that will be decided in the future also.

Another personal goal that I wish to achieve is to travel all over the world. I am fortunate to have already traveled to Germany, France, Switzerland and Luxembourg( each for a day), Ireland several times, around the United States, and soon Australia. I love to take random road trips and explore or travel overseas. I am always up for an adventure and to discover different cultures.

Finally, I hope to maintain a strong relationship with my family in the future. I have two wonderful parents, an older sister, older brother, and a younger brother. My siblings and I have always supported each other, and although we are not perfect, we have remained close up to this point. I hope that our relationships continue to grow as we get older. I want to be able to share all of my accomplished goals with them ten years from now. I hope they to support me all the way for as I will be for them.

No comments: