Thursday, October 25, 2007

News of the Week

Last night I found out some very good news. I have been going back and forth what I want to do when I graduate, and recently I have decided I will go to grad school and get a PhD in sports psychology (instead of the other direction which was physical therapy). I have talked to professors at Clemson about their suggestions for this narrow field, and they do not really know much about the sports psychology programs. I did not get much feedback or positive information from any of the professors which made me nervous. What if this is not a good field or career? I have thought about it alot lately and decided I'm going to stay on this track for graduate school.
Anyway, I was talking to my parents last night on the phone and they said they ran into my high school club volleyball coach (who also coaches at a college near my hometown) at dinner. They were talking about me, and my parents mentioned I was interested in sport psychology. She was so excited to find this out, and said that is exactly what they need for the athletes at that college. She basically told my parents when I finish school that she would hire me and/or help me find a job. WHAT A RELIEF! That made my week! It's good to know people care and want to help out :)

1 comment:

Adam Kayce said...

Good for you!

Much better that you follow your dreams... you'll be much happier, and much more successful when you do (it's a proven fact).