Sunday, November 11, 2007

Personalities for a Particular Job

The article mentioned several approaches of hiring employers depending on their personalities. Some of the ways sounded grueling but other ways did not sound so bad. I think the worst process for an employee was the process to get hired by Lindblad Expeditions. I understand that the people who work on the cruise company need to treat the customers well and have the best customer service, but the DVD sounds very intense. However, it does sound like a good idea to show the people applying for the job what they should expect so that they are not mislead. I think the neatest approach was done by the KaBoom company. The company makes products for children, and therefore, the people who work their need to be easy going and creative. A company like KaBoom does not want someone that is very formal and who can not relate to children. I think KaBoom would be an interesting place to check out, and it would be fun to see how they create the children's playgrounds. I think I would probably fit in a place that has a more easy going atmosphere rather than a more formal atmosphere.

No comments: